http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2013/06/paula-deen-fired-by-target-home-depot-and-more/
Bless her heart. I only have sympathy for the situation she has found herself in. And yes I live in the South....
The greatest travesty involved with this fiasco is that another celebrity has also made a comment using an otherwise thought of discriminatory use of words.
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/28/alec-baldwin-calls-reporter-toxic-little-queen-says-wife-did-not-tweet-during/
Yes, I know.... Alec being a Hollywood Celebrity gives him an excuse for being able to use that terminology without reproach. Not that I believe it but that this is where the obvious division in our society of acceptance and non-acceptance has been drawn.
Another level of ridiculousness is the age of the admitted comment made by Paula. Quite a bit of time has passed since her "indiscretion". Even with that admitted truth, her confession of regret and apology are insufficient for the Offensiveness Police.
I know.... I know.... Alec apologized also. Buuuuuuuuuuut I haven't heard or seen anything of his being dropped by Capital One because of his indiscretion. DUH!!!!
Sure there is hypocrisy within every level and in all corners of our society. DUH AGAIN!!!!
Taking a step further I would assert that the spineless individual that made the decision to fire Paula, at ANY given company that has dropped her, has made use of BOTH derogatory terms AND on more than one occasion and probably used at least one on the very day of the decision. Cowards....
There is an inherent double standard, I get that. I also understand that the Left is "Holier Than Thou" in their beliefs and the standards by which they accuse opposition of hate. But use the same standards for beliefs on the Right and one is found to be a racist homophobe....
I do not accept the double standard. I claim the higher ground of truth and conviction in attempting to judge others by the same requirements and standards. Yes.... I used the word judge, and it's ok.
There are far more controversial issues to be disturbed about. Far more pressing demands for our attention, many of which are life changing.
A comment made by someone in the past is not an issue for such aggressive action, when not equally distributed by public opinion.
It's blatant cowardice to pick on someone, probably because of her Southerness, for making a statement. A statement.... She didn't assault or discriminate against anyone by the accusation or confession made. Those are the things to be judged against because of laws prohibiting them.
Yes.... I know this entire issue is nothing new. I get that.... But until things are different I will not allow the status quo in Leftist / Progressive whining inequality to step by without sticking my foot out to trip them....
So guess what??? We're all going to offended by something daily. DAILY!!! Expect it and accept it.... That's where we are and especially if you are considered Right Wing / Conservative. Add Christian into the convictions you have and you're on the verge of being openly persecuted and killed in the streets as those in the Middle East and elsewhere in the world.
Either Stand Up And Defend Freedom When It's Challenged, Or Sit Down And Shut Up When That Freedom Disappears Because You Did Nothing....
Hope My Rage Is Your Rage.... If Not.... I Welcome Your View....
Bless her heart. I only have sympathy for the situation she has found herself in. And yes I live in the South....
The greatest travesty involved with this fiasco is that another celebrity has also made a comment using an otherwise thought of discriminatory use of words.
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/28/alec-baldwin-calls-reporter-toxic-little-queen-says-wife-did-not-tweet-during/
Yes, I know.... Alec being a Hollywood Celebrity gives him an excuse for being able to use that terminology without reproach. Not that I believe it but that this is where the obvious division in our society of acceptance and non-acceptance has been drawn.
Another level of ridiculousness is the age of the admitted comment made by Paula. Quite a bit of time has passed since her "indiscretion". Even with that admitted truth, her confession of regret and apology are insufficient for the Offensiveness Police.
I know.... I know.... Alec apologized also. Buuuuuuuuuuut I haven't heard or seen anything of his being dropped by Capital One because of his indiscretion. DUH!!!!
Sure there is hypocrisy within every level and in all corners of our society. DUH AGAIN!!!!
Taking a step further I would assert that the spineless individual that made the decision to fire Paula, at ANY given company that has dropped her, has made use of BOTH derogatory terms AND on more than one occasion and probably used at least one on the very day of the decision. Cowards....
There is an inherent double standard, I get that. I also understand that the Left is "Holier Than Thou" in their beliefs and the standards by which they accuse opposition of hate. But use the same standards for beliefs on the Right and one is found to be a racist homophobe....
I do not accept the double standard. I claim the higher ground of truth and conviction in attempting to judge others by the same requirements and standards. Yes.... I used the word judge, and it's ok.
There are far more controversial issues to be disturbed about. Far more pressing demands for our attention, many of which are life changing.
A comment made by someone in the past is not an issue for such aggressive action, when not equally distributed by public opinion.
It's blatant cowardice to pick on someone, probably because of her Southerness, for making a statement. A statement.... She didn't assault or discriminate against anyone by the accusation or confession made. Those are the things to be judged against because of laws prohibiting them.
Yes.... I know this entire issue is nothing new. I get that.... But until things are different I will not allow the status quo in Leftist / Progressive whining inequality to step by without sticking my foot out to trip them....
So guess what??? We're all going to offended by something daily. DAILY!!! Expect it and accept it.... That's where we are and especially if you are considered Right Wing / Conservative. Add Christian into the convictions you have and you're on the verge of being openly persecuted and killed in the streets as those in the Middle East and elsewhere in the world.
Either Stand Up And Defend Freedom When It's Challenged, Or Sit Down And Shut Up When That Freedom Disappears Because You Did Nothing....
No comments:
Post a Comment
What you think about what I think......